Hackers will target ANY website for a variety of reasons. Just because you have a small business or relatively simple site doesn't mean you are immune from attacks and disruptions of your website.
Sites that are under attack can perform slowly or go offline and been unavailable, or even worse, be taken over by hackers and used to infect your web visitors computers and / or steal their personal information.
New Media Design offers comprehensive security plans to protect your site and keep it running at its best. Our service starts with an initial examination of your WordPress site, plus the addition of firewall protection and backup services. Our yearly maintenance plan includes monthly backups along with constant firewall protection, security scans of your site, and monitoring of any hacker instrusions. We also offer plans for non-WordPress sites and custom systems we have developed for our clients.
We worry about the security and performance of your site so you don't have to! If hackers have already infiltrated and taken your site down, we offer restoration services to get it back up as quickly as possible.
Read more about our plans below or Contact Us for a free initial consultation and plan recommendations.
Website Security & MaintenanceStarting at $150 / year
Keep your website safe and secure with this yearly plan that includes monthly security scanning, website system updates, file and data backups, and monitoring for hacker attacks and service disruptions. This plan extends your custom application and/or eCommerce warranty (if applicable), maintaining your bug-free coverage. This is a 1 year subscription, with automatic renewal notices emailed before expiration.
WordPress Security & MaintenanceStarting at $175 / year
Keep your website safe and secure with this yearly plan that includes monthly security scanning, website system updates, file and data backups, and monitoring for hacker attacks and service disruptions. This plan protects WordPress with a Wordfence monitoring and firewall subscription (a $99 value). We also regularly update WordPress, all plugins, and themes (primary and backup) as well as resolving up to 3 minor vulnerabilities a year (ex: replacing a vulnerable plugin with an alternate version). This is a 1-year subscription, with automatic renewal notices emailed before expiration.
Complete Security & Maintenance (Hybrid)Starting at $225 / year
Keep your website safe and secure with this yearly plan that includes monthly security scanning, website system updates, file and data backups, and monitoring for hacker attacks and service disruptions for both your WordPress and custom web application and/or eCommerce installations. This plan protects WordPress with a Wordfence monitoring and firewall subscription (a $99 value). We also regularly update WordPress, all plugins, and themes (primary and backup) as well as resolving up to 3 minor vulnerabilities a year (ex: replacing a vulnerable plugin with an alternate version). This plan also extends your custom application and/or eCommerce warranty (if applicable), maintaining your bug-free coverage. This is a 1 year subscription, with automatic renewal notices emailed before expiration.
Non-profits are entitled to discounted rates for all the plans listed above.
Start / Renew your service plan today by contacting us at email@example.com or call (856) 780-5086.
Your website system installation, as well as your WordPress installation (depending on the plan you selected), is covered by the above plans. We will perform the tasks described above on a monthly basis to keep your site secure and performing at its best. This prevents most sites from being hacked or exploited. If despite these measures your site is hacked, we will offer you a substancially discounted rate for recovery services. Note that these plans do not cover your computer or other devices, your email account or other online accounts, or anything not directly related to your website system and/or WordPress installations. Our plan also does not cover your webhosting, which is dependent upon the webhosting company you selected.
We take the security of your website very seriously and have built our system on a foundation that ensures your site is protected against hacker attacks and intrusions. Since we released the very first version of our system in 2003, we continually make security and code hardening improvements to protect your site's data and functionality against the constant myriad of attacks from hackers and other bad actors looking to do harm.
Our system includes the following built-in Core Security Hardening And Prevention mechanisms:
• Individual admin accounts with an easy password generation and invitation system, so credentials can conveniently be emailed to users
• Various admin levels which allow different levels of access and permissions to back-end content and functionality, all of which can be customized (3 admin levels available)
• All passwords are encrypted using the latest encryption standards
• System prevents admins from using common passwords (such as "123456")
• Password configuration option allows minimum password lengths to be enforced as well as the number of days before passwords must be reset
• Admin login page includes multiple hacker deterrents and intrusion attempt detection mechanisms and automatically shuts down access when abuse is detected
• Blacklisting and whitelisting options for full site access
• Automatic blacklisting can be enabled for activity considered hacker intrusion attempts
• Essential login, blacklisting / whitelisting, and front-end security configuration settings can be accessed by level 3 admins
• Multiple critical admin activities are automatically logged, including log ins / outs, account changes, and configuration changes
• Admin logs are viewable by all Level 3 admins and can be exported to Excel
• Security logs are also automatically generated which track any suspicious activity
• IP address and browser info tracked for all activity logs
• Integration with the Wordfence security and firewall plugin for WordPress websites
• On-demand database backups with the option to download the latest created backup file
• Automated cloud backup options, including to the DropMySite service
• Monthly backups as well as security scanning and monitoring via our Security & Maintenance package (see above)
• On-demand website scanner that searches for and identifies suspicious files as well as dangerous server and system configurations
• System update module which allow system files and database updates to be applied on a regular basis
• We frequently release system updates that provide security improvements and bug fixes as well as improved and new functionality and features (averaging about 10 updates per year). These updates are available free if your site is under warranty or covered by one of our Security & Maintenance plans.
• Critical system alerts that allow immediate Admin notifications whenever an important issue or event needs to be brought to your attention
• Site shutdown mode available to be used if a hacker attack is suspected to prevent further intrusion access and corruption of data
• Built-in sanitization of user input to insure that your website and its data are not harmed
• Built to use SSL connections for both front- and back-ends and optimized for secure web traffic via https
• eCommerce module includes extensive hacker prevention and detection, and if using 3rd party payment processors such as Stripe, PayPal or Authorize.Net, no sensitive credit card info is ever stored in the database, only tokenized data.
In addition, to further ensure the security and functionality of your website, we offer yearly Security & Maintenance packages which we highly recommend (see above for details).
1&1 IONOS hosting packages, which we use for our hosting plans and also recommend for client-hosted websites, include the following Multiple Security Features:
• Latest supported versions of PHP and MySQL (with backward compatibility support)
• Firewall filters out harmful site requests
• DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) protection
• Webspace virus scanning and quarantine
• ModSecurity Rules (industry standard)
• SSL wildcard certificates (for https connections)
• Daily backups of webspace
• Data recovery
• SFTP and SSH access
• Redundant network connectivity
• Protected directories using htaccess
• IPv6 ready
• Two-factor account authorization
• SiteLock daily scanning service (optional)
• 24/7 tech support available via phone, email, chat
For more information, visit www.nm-design.com