New Media Design
New Media Design was founded in 1993 by John L. Contarino. The company is a small, privately owned and operated LLC that focuses on the thoughtful design and high-quality production of interactive media, specializing in custom web development, eCommerce systems, and specialized WordPress websites.
We focus on producing outstanding work and giving our Clients the attention and dedicated effort they deserve. To this end, we strive to always respond within 24 hours and all of our licensed systems include a bug-free warranty and free system updates for up to one year from project completion. We emphasize intuitive and elegant user interfaces that are also powerful, for both end-users and administrators.
Our broader goal is to harness technology to make people's lives easier and make the world a better place.
John Leonardo Contarino
John graduated cum laude from Rowan University with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications and a speciality in Radio/TV/Film. He was a beat reporter who quickly rose to Entertainment Editor of the Gloucester County Times in Woodbury, NJ. In 1990, John started his own business and worked as an entertainment writer, editor and movie critic for the New York Post, Rolling Stone, The Philadelphia Inquirer, and At The Shore magazine, among other publications. He also co-wrote and produced a sitcom pre-pilot, along with other creative endeavors, including the original websites Game Greetings, Web Voices, and Crazy Cards.
In 1993, John combined his interests in writing, graphics, video, music, sound and computers by obtaining a certificate in Multimedia Design and Production at the Center for Creative Imaging in Camden, Maine. New Media Design – based on the popular term for this emerging tech trend – was born and since then, John has worked on countless interactive projects in all capacities, including user interface design and architecture, graphic development, programming (including lead), database development, sound and music editing, video production and editing, writing, project management, UI/UX design, testing, and more.
Among the awards we have won:
- 2004 Silver Axiem Award for Web Production, Video Web Presentation (Thomas Register)
- 2002 Copper Axiem Award for Web Design, Self-Promotion (New Media Design)
- 2001 Silver Axiem Award for Interactive Media, Educational, (Nutrition CD-ROM)
- 2000 Silver Axiem Award for Interactive Media, "Birthday Bake A Cake" and "Halloween Make A Monster" (Game Greetings)
- 1999 Silver Axiem Award for Interactive Media, "Santa's Rocket Sleigh" (Game Greetings)
- 1999 Third Place, International Film and Video Awards for "Switch" CD-ROM (Lucent)
- 1991 3rd Place, Special Section Layout and Content and Honorable Mention, Critical Writing (NJPA)
- 1990 2nd Place, Critical Writing (NJPA)
We've also participated in CreateAthon, along with other charitable events, during which we donate our time and expertise to non-profits.
Important links to some of the additional services we offer or recommend:
All website content as well as the custom systems we develop are Copyright © 1993-2021 by New Media Design LLC. All Rights Reserved.